A List Of Great Research Paper Topics For 1984
If you want to write an interesting paper about the 1984 novel, you need to be extremely creative and innovative. The novel itself is a dystopian novel which means that most of the elements integrated are imaginary. Even if some of the elements are connected to the reality, this is just a reflection of some common characteristics. We chose some great research paper topics for 1984 that will hopefully bring you the maximum grade.
- Symbols and motifs. This is one of the most frequent subjects discussed in literature. Even if apparently the symbols are simple, they can incorporate a lot of important ideas. The motifs that you will frequently find in this novel are representative for the theme, and they can show you another perspective over this text.
- The technology. The action of the book is based on the wrong usage of technology. This is supposed to be a metaphor for the nowadays extensive usage of smartphones and computers. Find similarities between the two worlds and give clear examples.
- The psychological aspect of the book. The author is putting the reader in a very uncomfortable place. The book is presenting the idea of a chamber where anyone will face his worst fear. Such an idea can be, for many people, very frightening but also very attractive, as people are usually attracted by anything that will make them analyze their own personality.
- The authority. In this novel, one of the most important elements is the presence of a supreme authority that is controlling and knowing everything. The government nowadays is very similar to this concept, and this is what makes this book a curious representation of our times.
- The political system from 1984 novel. A big part of the action is built around a corrupted political system. Sure enough, it can be a symbol for the modern politics that is unfortunately damaged in many countries. Explain in your essay how a different political approach would have changed the course of the action.
- The description of the main character. Winston, the main character of the book has a personality that is typical and unique in the same time. Present the most prominent features and bring quotes that will support your statement. Also, present the circumstances that lead Wilson in this imaginary world.
- The moral of the story. This novel is specifically considered to have a high impact on young people that are having a superficial view of the modern world.