Coming Up With Good Research Paper Topics On World War 2
World War 2 is a very broad subject, so students often have trouble trying to narrow down their research paper topics in history. They can use different strategies, including brainstorming, choosing keywords, and building a mind map. However, it’s advisable to get good research paper sample topics, study them carefully, and come up with your own assignment topic. The following list of ideas is easy to narrow down:
- The U.S. entry into the conflict: why was the timing significant?
- Food packaging: how it changed during the war.
- The rights of African-Americans: impacts of the global changes in the postwar world.
- A special role of animals: how were birds, dogs, and horses used?
- Art movements inspired by wartime events: how can a piece of art tell a story about the war?
- Transportation-related developments from wartime: a case study of bridges and roads in Western Europe.
- Clothing in the war period: saving lives vs. hindering movements.
- Types of communication: impacts on key events.
- Hitler’s rise to power: why did it happen so quickly?
- Occupation of France: special circumstances that affected the key events.
- Innovations during World War 2: what products were invented and became a part of people’s everyday lives?
- New terms and phrases: what new vocabulary did emerged in the postwar period?
- The conflict and medical developments: healthcare improvements in the postwar period.
- The ways society responded to the situation: the role of propaganda.
- Resistance movements in different countries: how did people survive living in an occupied territory?
No matter what topic idea you end up with, you should decide what type of a research paper you’re going to compose. There are several more popular options, including the following:
- Argumentative research paper.
The goal of this work is to persuade your readers. This means that the chosen topic should be controversial and arguable. You should pick a side and provide solid arguments to support the conclusion.
- Cause and effect paper.
This type of paper analyzes the causes and effects of a certain event or situation. It’s recommended to be specific, choose a particular event, determine the parties which participated in it, and describe its long-lasting effects.
- Analytical research paper.
You should come up with an interesting question, explore the collected materials, evaluate the sources, and provide your point of view. Your goal is to provide a critical interpretation of literature sources throughout the assignment.